This post is a part of Mama Kat's writing workshop.
10 reasons I can't sleep at night:
1) My downstairs neighbor smoking, and the smoke wafting into my bedroom window
2) The office building next door to my condo has their landscaping people come at the most ODD hours. They will run the leaf blower at 10 o'clock on a Sunday. Random, right?
3) $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
4) Sometimes I lie awake designing my dream home, then I move on to my vacation home.
5) Sometimes, instead of sleeping, I name my children. Who don't exist.
6) Sometimes I lie awake worrying about my family.
7) I often stay awake thinking about where I want to move. I know that I don't want to stay in Phoenix, but I am torn between going back to California, going back to Flagstaff and trying somewhere completely new.
8) Sometimes I can't sleep because I am busy planning my outfit for the next day. Then I start designing clothes in my head. I've come up with some pretty cute stuff. Watch out NY Fashion Week.
9) I often go over my work to-do list in my head, then become stressed with all of the things I need to accomplish. Then I get mad at myself for not being more productive that day.
10) And the WORST nights when I'm up and awake and thinking too much are when I go over almost EVERY major decision I've ever made and analyze it to death. I have a hard time letting things go. I get swept up in regret and sadness. Luckily, those nights don't happen too often. Unfortunately, they usually happen when other things in my life aren't going well.
for an explanation of using 'lie' vs. 'lay' go HERE.
I love her blog.