Nov 5, 2009

Writing Workshop

This post is a part of Mama Kat's writing workshop.

10 reasons I can't sleep at night:

1) My downstairs neighbor smoking, and the smoke wafting into my bedroom window

2) The office building next door to my condo has their landscaping people come at the most ODD hours. They will run the leaf blower at 10 o'clock on a Sunday. Random, right?

3) $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

4) Sometimes I lie awake designing my dream home, then I move on to my vacation home.

5) Sometimes, instead of sleeping, I name my children. Who don't exist.

6) Sometimes I lie awake worrying about my family.

7) I often stay awake thinking about where I want to move. I know that I don't want to stay in Phoenix, but I am torn between going back to California, going back to Flagstaff and trying somewhere completely new.

8) Sometimes I can't sleep because I am busy planning my outfit for the next day.  Then I start designing clothes in my head. I've come up with some pretty cute stuff. Watch out NY Fashion Week.

9) I often go over my work to-do list in my head, then become stressed with all of the things I need to accomplish. Then I get mad at myself for not being more productive that day.

10) And the WORST nights when I'm up and awake and thinking too much are when I go over almost EVERY major decision I've ever made and analyze it to death. I have a hard time letting things go. I get swept up in regret and sadness. Luckily, those nights don't happen too often. Unfortunately, they usually happen when other things in my life aren't going well.
Yuck.

for an explanation of using 'lie' vs. 'lay' go HERE. 
I love her blog.

4 comments:

Phoenix said...

You and I are in the same boat, dear... all my anxiety about the past, present, and future dumps itself on me while I am laying in bed (lying in bed? I should check out that website) and then I can't sleep for hours.

Ugh, ugh, ugh. I've heard journaling helps. That and sleep medication, which I refuse to take.

Ugh.

Lourie said...

Write a list before bed. Pick the outfit before you turn in. Make bed your sleeping place and nothing else. If you can't sleep, get up and go read or write, then try again....benadryl works nice too. Haha. What part of CA? I am a CA gal so I am a bit biased. Haha.

Karen, authof of "My funny Dad, Harry" said...

That smoke coming in my window would really get me aggravated. Definitely hard to sleep when your mind is wide awake thinking. It helps me to write out my "To Do" list so I don't have to remember it in my head.

I started deciding what to wear the next day before I go to bed and writing it down so I'll have a list compiled that I can just go through and repeat so I won't have to think about what to wear so much.

Visiting from Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.

KatBouska said...

I love thinking of baby names...what will the future kiddos be called?

Post a Comment

Holler.