1) Gather your tools.
2) Turn on some great tunes.
3) Select a nicely marbled piece of ribeye from your butcher.
4) Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Brush with olive oil.
5) Cook in a cast iron skillet. Seriously. Just do it. If you don't have a cast iron skillet, find one at your local thrift store or invest in a new one. So worth it.
6) Heat the cast iron skillet on high for five minutes.
7) Turn the heat to medium high and cook on one side until the juices pool on the top side of the steak (around 4 minutes for medium rare).
8) Turn the steak and cook on the other side for three to four minutes (for medium rare).
9) Remove steaks from the skillet and allow to sit for five minutes. Don't be freaked out if you cut into the steak as soon as its done and it looks to rare. The steak will continue to cook while it sits.
11) Enjoy your finished product with a hearty red that may or may not describe the current mood you're in.