Jul 5, 2009

Panama


As some of you know, my dad's side of the family is technically Swedish, but from Panama. They lived in Panama and worked on building and operating the canal! We have a lot of relatives who have moved back down there to retire AND we are anxiously awaiting the completion of OUR (really, my dad's) place down in ol' Panama!

I was checking out facebook this afternoon and was SO glad to see that my Aunt Lois posted a photo of the ship and the passenger list that my fam came to America on! Isn't that fun?!? My aunt and her family are LDS and, as we know, the Mo-
Mos ROCK at family tree research!

So, thanks for the family history Aunt Lois!

This is the U.S.S. General H.F. Hodges
It arrived on November 27th, 1950.

Here's the passenger list........

A zoom-view of the passenger list.
Kal Kalander (Harold Francis), Grandma K (Alice Jean), Aunt Norma, Aunt Lois and Aunt Kris (Ann).

Two years later came dad, Russell (FIRST born in the US), Uncle Bob and Aunt Kim!
I'll have to remember to celebrate the trip this year with some Panamanian food.....

2 comments:

Alicia said...

ummm...so i TOTALLY used to live in Panama!!! No joke!! I lived on Albrook AF Station! We so totally rock! and I had a faaaabulous 4th! hope you did too!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

WOW that's awesome.

Post a Comment

Holler.