Jan 6, 2010

JULIE Believes!

I am very excited for today's post, because it is from my BFF Julie. 
She is so very wonderful and I hope that you all get
 to know her through her blog, Kiefer Love.


Stay tuned on Saturday because the Kiefers are 
going to be my Saturday Someones! 






I believe in good manners, thank you notes, and Emily Post.

I believe it is a woman’s prerogative to change her mind and her hair

I believe in miracles, heaven, and God…and that if you want to make the big guy laugh, then tell him your plans.

I believe there are no greater guilty pleasures than pedicures and bad television.

I believe that you just cannot fix stupid, but you CAN educate ignorance. On that note, I believe that there is no stronger investment than education.

I believe in person-first language and doing your best not to judge.

I believe in self-knowledge, self-examination, and taking through your problems…I am a psychologist after all!

I believe that among the greatest comforts are a fresh sheets, home cooked meals, and a glass of wine with a best friend.

I believe in good grammar and that sometimes curse words are a much-needed necessity.

I believe that our lives all have their own personal soundtrack and I believe in loudly singing and dancing along to them…specifically in the car and the shower.

I believe in maintaining a positive attitude and, yes, that smiles are contagious.

I believe in being patriotic and supporting our troops and the president, even if he is not a part of your political affiliation.

I believe in generativity, charity, making a difference in the lives of others, and giving more than you take.

I believe that most of the problems we are so stressed about really are NO BIG DEAL and sometimes the best things to do with these issues is to “Scarlet O’Hara” them to tomorrow.

I believe in miracles and I believe in karma.

I believe that the keys to a happy marriage are random acts of kindness and rarely saying, “No” to one another.

I believe to thine own self be true and that if you have to fake it until you make it…you probably don’t want to end up there anyway.

I believe “an ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure.” (I believe in quoting movies)

I believe in the power of friendship and doing the work to maintain them even with busy schedules and life happening, because you never know when you will need a friend.

I believe in the goodness of all children and the power of good parenting.

I believe that families should sit down together at the dinner table.

I believe in getting things off your chest and being allowed to have grumpy and/or snarky moments.

I believe that laughter is the best medicine, but that a good cry is often a much-needed indulgence.

I believe that I believe in many things and talk too much!

I believe that this was a great exercise for me…it reminded me of my priorities and the person I strive to be in 2010.

Thanks, Tay Tay. You are definitely an asset to my abbey. J


 Thanks for playing Jules! 
I love you so much. 
Thanks for being my BFF.

3 comments:

Julie Kiefer said...

Attention other "I believe" posters:
Do you have post remorse? Were you walking in the Trader Joe's parking lot the other day and thought about another intriguing, sassy, intelligent thing you believed and thought, "doh, I forgot to tell Tay." No? Just me? Ok.

Thank you Tay-lah-lee for this wonderful idea. I have had such fun reading others' lists and following new blogs. Well done, sir.

Corie said...

LOVED reading all of these! Good job gals! xo

Summer said...

Tay this is a super awesome idea, and much like Julie, I feel certain I would have list remorse. You are so creative!!

Post a Comment

Holler.