Jul 30, 2010

Readings

I was going to write a post about a delicious pasta creation I made last night, but I forgot to bring my camera to work to upload the photos. I photo-documented my process and everything! I uploaded the photos on my macbook, but I am having photo issues with my macbook. Maybe you can help me? 

When I upload from my macbook to flickr I can't get the 'large size' when I am posting photos from flickr to the bl-izz-og. When I upload from my work PC, everything is fine and every flickr size option is available. Weird, no? 

Anyway, I will have to share the recipe this weekend. Here is a photo of the groceries I purchased to make the dish. Enjoy. 

063

Now for the real topic of the day: Psychics. 
CJane is talking about fortunes today, and as we know I like to blog about the same topics as CJane

Have you been to a psychic? How seriously did you take the psychic? Were they accurate or full of bologna?
{when you type or write bologna, do you say BULL-AUG-NAH? I do. Did you know that in parts of Pennsylvania bologna is called Jumbo?!? I just learned that on wiki. I will heretoforth refer to bologna as Jumbo} 

I have been to psychics. They have been interesting but inconsistent, as I'm sure is the case with most psychics. There used to be a restaurant in Phoenix called LisaG. I used to help her with social media in exchange for wine and meatballs {but not bologna}. She hosted 'psychic and pizza night' every Wednesday with Psychic Joe. The first time I had a reading from Joe {probably three years ago?} he told me that he saw me going into the medical field. I thought he was completely crazy! I worked in commercial real estate/property management and planned on going to law school. Medical? Nofreakingway. My dad was a paramedic and my step mom was a nurse. I knew what the life entailed and knew that I did NOT want that life! He asked if perhaps my company might be purchasing a medical office building or a hospital or surgical center? I told him there was no way. My company purchased trailer parks and RV parks along the Atlantic Coast and Gulf Coast {why were we based in Arizona, you might ask? I have no idea. It was one of the many things that made no sense in that company.} and that there was not even a small chance we would purchase a medical office building. Weird, right? I thought Joe might me a little off. But guess what? Now I am a doula and am taking prerequisites for nurse midwife school.

Crazy.


Here is Psychic Joe's website. Give him a call. He might tell you about a new career you'll pursue in three years. Or, he might tell you that everything is fine and that nothing bad or traumatic is going to happen to you in the next 9 to 12 months only to have your entire house flood the next day, forcing you to live with your in laws for three months while your house is gutted. That happened to bff Julie. She was not very happy with Psychic Joe. Can't win 'em all, I suppose.

3 comments:

Julie Kiefer said...

I still say psychic joe is full of well, jumbo...but only because how can you miss a flood like that???

Anywhoo...I still like psychics...not in a hedge-my-life-choices-based-on-their-merits kind of way, but for entertainment purposes if nothing else. :)

Now, Reverend Pamela, that's a whole other story.

Kristen said...

Totall unrelated but Trader Joes...THE BEST.

love finding new blogs, this one is great!

Kris

mina said...

My mum used to rent a property out to these two self-procaimed gypsies when I was a kid. They moved away when I was, like, 7. I saw them again when I was 19, doing palm and tarot card readings. I figured if they were psychic they should at least remember me. They didn't. Needless to say, I saved the $50 they were charging.

Post a Comment

Holler.