Dec 15, 2008

December Book Review

Tethered: An excellent book! If you like Law and Order SVU and books about women who have closed themselves off from the world and are jolted into being by love, this is the book for you. I really enjoyed it. B+

Testimony: This was good but not my favorite Anita Shreve. C

Saturday: I thought this book was awful. I loved Atonement and was disappointed in Ian's glorification of middle class apathy and detachment. My grandma liked it though and there was some interesting medical information that I wikipedia'd as a result of the reading, so I guess it wasn't a total loss. D+ for apathy and indifference.

A Wedding in December: This was better than Testimony, not as good as the Weight of Water. I especially enjoyed the story within the story! B

And this month I'll be reading...........
I cannot WAIT to finish the newest Wally Lamb but am a little sad that I'm already more than half-way through. His books are few and far between. His latest has so many layers. I am loving every one of them.


I bought this before a business trip and haven't gotten around to reading it.


This looks HILARIOUS.
FYI, Only 4.5 months until Pretty is the New Plaid! I can't wait for that one to come out and will probably mention it in every book review. To hold you over until Jen Lancaster's next visit her blog! www.jennsylvania.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Holler.